March 12th, 2015: pocl v0.11 released
This release adds:
- kernel compiler support for LLVM/Clang 3.6,
- caching of compiled OpenCL kernels
- initial Android support
- experimental Windows support (many things still broken there)
- two new examples, Cloverleaf and Halide, updated AMDSDK examples
- better debugging possibilities
- initial MIPS architecture support
We consider pocl ready for wider scale testing, although the OpenCL standard is not yet fully implemented, and it contains known bugs. The pocl test suite compiles and runs most of the ViennaCL 1.5.1 examples, Rodinia 2.0.1 benchmarks, Parboil benchmarks, OpenCL Programming Guide book samples, VexCL test cases, Luxmark v2.0, most of the AMD APP SDK v2.9 OpenCL samples and piglit OpenCL tests among others.
We'd like to thank Finnish Funding Agency for Technology and Innovation (project "Parallel Acceleration 2", funding decision 40115/13), Academy of Finland (funding decision 253087) and ARTEMIS joint undertaking under grant agreement no 621439 (ALMARVI) for funding the development of this release.
A pocl developer E. Schnetter acknowledges support from the Perimeter Institute, as well as funding from NSERC (Canada) via a Discovery Grant and from NSF (USA) via OCI Award 0905046.